Wire Harness Design Saber ES Designer provides industry leading capability for wire harness design, layout, and analysis. Saber ES Designer analyzes the complete system to determine optimal wire size, fuse load, voltage drops, power distribution, and connectivity.
Saber ES Designer provides :
- Complete data flow for electrical system design from concept to manufacture
- Single database architecture–no data re-entry, supports design re-use, DRCs, etc.
- Advanced design variant/option handling
- Utilities to streamline design processes (connector management, automatic parts selection, DRCs, etc.)
- Full simulation and analyses – DC, Transient, Statistical, Parametric, and FMEA
- Automatic generation of 2-D harness layout drawings and manufacturing information (e.g. DSI)
- Integration with leading MCAD tools (UGS®, CATIA V5®, Pro/E®)
Saber ES Designer incorporates functional, electrical, and physical design with full system verification in a single tool. With its comprehensive simulation and analysis capabilities, Saber ES Designer is the preferred solution for advanced wire harness design.
Integrated Electrical System Design
SaberES Designer enables design teams to address these challenges by providing an integrated process for electrical system design from concept to manufacturing. SaberES Designer minimizes data entry, manages complex, system-wide design variants, enables concurrent engineering, maintains data integrity, and allows efficient exchange with 3D CAD systems.
Top-down "connected" design flow
Completely Unified Tool for Electric System Design & Verification
- Intuitive tool for developing functional and physical electrical system designs
- Sub-system design; reusable schematics with logical connections that represent a function (External lights, Braking, Engine control etc.)
- System design; a vehicle project generated from the sub-system designs. Signal and component consistency is automatically merged verified across all subsystem designs in the project
- Wiring design; generated from system design and evolved by engineers assigning physical objects from corporate database including: wires, shells, inline connectors, splices, etc. Design wide Connector Manager to partition design in harnesses and quickly ensure correct inline cavity occupation
- Bundle design; generated production harness drawings re-using wiring design, option/variant configuration, and 3D MCad routing
- Integrated data flow for electrical system design from concept to manufacturing
- Interface with the leading 3D MCAD engineering tools
- Single database ensures correct by construction and eliminates data translation errors
- Consistency is automatically maintained throughout the complete design process with support to configure options and variants to support all buildable vehicles, independent if they are composite or modular/customer specific harnesses
- Robust sheet check-in/check-out for efficient concurrent engineering
- Global design teams work in same project with configurable user roles enable working on different levels and security in the process
- Built-in and extensible design verification
Functional and Physical Electrical System Design
- Create component symbols and save to Parts Library for reuse
- Design functional subsystems by connecting symbols with logical signals
- Place functional subsystems from the Subsystem Library to create whole vehicle electrical system designs
- Filter/exclude variant dependent functionality from sub-systems ` Generate wiring designs from functional system designs
- Assign physical attributes from corporate database including: wires, shells, inline connectors, splices, etc.
- Use Connector Manager to quickly ensure correct inline cavity occupation
- Use Automatic Parts Selector to determine required passive components for each connector shell and cavity
- Check basic design rules for disconnected wires or missing properties for shells, splices, wires, etc.
- Easily export wiring design data to 3D MCAD tools
- Conversely, import placement and routing data from 3D MCAD tools
- Use SaberES Designer Table Manager to quickly generate ASCII files for custom export, like bill of material tables 3
- Generate wire harnesses from connectivity, wiring design, and variant information
- Set connector symbol position and define desired harness segment routings
- Reuse geometrical information, such as length, from the 3D MCAD tools
- Project 3D information from 3D MCAD tools in 2D drawing
- Select viewing perspective, rotation, and scale of the projection
Verification of Electrical Systems
- Voltage Drop and Over-current
- Implement reusable verification simulations using SaberES Designer Experiment Analyzer
- Built-in DC simulation capabilities to verify voltage drop and overcurrent to determine fuse sizes, cross-sectional areas of all wires and existence of sneak paths
- Back-annotate simulation data and probe critical nodes to quickly identify problem areas
- Advanced Transient and Robust Design
- Optional Saber Simulator for transient verification of high-speed systems including vehicle networks.
- Optional Saber Inspecs to optimize the design for component variations and shifts in operating conditions
- Functional Safety for Verification of Electrical Systems
- Quickly select and configure hardware faults directly from the SaberES Designer wiring design
- Export functional safety simulation results from SaberES Designer Experiment Analyzer to document fault coverage and support functional safety flows