SaberRD is an intuitive, integrated environment for designing and analyzing power electronic systems and multi-domain physical systems. With the proven Saber® simulation technology at its core, SaberRD combines ease of use with the power to handle today’s complex electrical power problems, allowing engineers to explore design performance, optimize robustness and assure system reliability for a broad range of generation, conversion and distribution applications. SaberRD’s true multi-domain physical modeling capability and unmatched analysis capabilities provide engineers with a virtual prototyping platform that supports complete system design. With an intuitive and flexible user interface for casual and expert users alike, SaberRD accelerates design for engineering organizations in automotive, aerospace, defense and industrial power.
Quick Virtual Prototyping of Complex Power Electronic Systems
- A True Integrated Design Environmen: Schematic design, mixed-signal multi-domain circuit simulation, waveform analysis and report generation capabilities.
- Built-in Design Flow: A modern and streamlined interface guides the user to results, stepping through the key steps of a simulation-based workflow, including design, modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Proven in Production: Over 25 years of success in behavioral modeling, simulation and design for automotive, aerospace and industrial power applications.
Explore, Measure and Optimize Power System Performance
- Simulate the Complete System— Capture all the device effects and multi-domain interactions critical to power system design.
- High Accuracy Results, Faster— Robust simulation technology and distributed processing capabilities come standard with SaberRD.
- Design for Robustness and Reliability— Built-in capability for analyzing effects of variation, parameter sensitivity, worst-case behaviors, faults and more.
Unmatched Multi-Domain Modeling Capabilities
- Comprehensive Libraries— With over 250 man years invested, ready-to-use model libraries include over 30,000 parts to support architectural exploration through detailed physics-level studies of system behavior.
- Graphical Modeling Tools Make It Easy— From state diagrams and look-up tables to detailed characterizations of power devices and magnetic cores, SaberRD’s suite of modeling tools allows users to quickly create behavioral models of devices (Diode, MOSFET, IGBT) and blocks found in power systems and other multi-domain physical systems.
- Modeling Options to Suit Your Needs— SaberRD is the only environment that natively supports MAST and VHDL-AMS, two of the most powerful and widely-used hardware description languages for behavioral modeling of power systems. In addition, models created for SPICE or Simulink can be reused easily within SaberRD.
One Environment for the Enterprise
- Serving Occasional Users and Experts Alike— Intuitive capabilities minimize the ramp-up time for occasional users and allow them to quickly get to results. Advanced configurability, support for scripting and automation and flexible APIs meet the needs of the analysis experts
- A Standard for Model Exchange— Within an organization or across a supply chain, SaberRD supports industry-standard modeling languages and practices used successfully in automotive, aerospace, and industrial power.
- Protecting Your Investment— SaberRD is backed by class- leading product support, extensive documentation, design examples and a Demo/Student version
1. SABER INSPECS
The Saber Inspecs enables system engineers to move beyond nominal design practice to model and simulate how design performance changes with manufacturing variation and shifting operating conditions. Saber Inspecs Add-on extends SaberRD to include Robust Design modeling and simulation capabilities including Monte Carlo, sensitivity, worse-case and stress analysis required to improve system yield and reduce field failures.
Benefits of Robust Design Methodology
- Improve ROI
- Reduce need for physical prototypes (time and $$)
- Reduce time to market
- Eliminate design problems early (no ECOs on production line)
- Improve Product Quality
- Reduce product recalls and field failures
- Manage supply chain using same principles
- Recursive benefits based in modeling methodology
2. SABER FUNCTIONAL SAFETY
Design and Safety Engineers can validate safety levels and fault recovery & mitigation systems using Saber Functional Safety Add-on. Users quickly select and configure hardware faults from the SaberRD Schematic to model different functional safety scenarios. Real-world hazards can be simulated by setting fault timing and injecting multiple faults to match a particular failure mode. Exported functional safety simulation results via SaberRD Experiment Analyzer are used to document fault coverage and support functional safety flows.
Eliminate Field Failures and Product Recalls. Reduce Safety Liability. Minimize Safety Lifecycle-time.
- Identify safety related hardware faults that violate technical safety requirements
- Develop and verify safety mechanisms
- Verify diagnostic coverage and eliminate residual faults
- Model and simulate Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Use Saber Functional Safety for ISO 26262, DO-254, and other Safety and Reliability Verification Flows
- Develop safety test-bench schematics
- Select hardware components and choose from supported fault types including: Short, Open, Ground, Stuck-at, and Parametric Faults
- Configure faults to be timed, and/or concurrent
- Implement iterative and reusable simulation plans using Experiment Analyzer
- Simulate, analyze, and export data to sign-off reports
- Parallelize 1000s of simulations using Saber Runtime
3. SABER RUNTIME
Saber Runtime parallelizes and distributes iterative simulations across computing resources to dramatically improve throughput and reduce simulation time. The Saber Runtime library works with SaberRD, Saber Functional Safety Add-on, and Saber Inspecs Add-on to minimize the time spent running valuable performance and safety simulations. With Saber Runtime, engineering and safety teams can simulate thousands of scenarios that would otherwise have been too costly to perform.
4. SABER COMPONENT
The Saber Component improve design fidelity by using supplier models in Saber Designs. Efficiency is paramount to design project success. Access to existing, proven models is one of the most valuable advantages to a design team applying system simulation. Saber users have access to 30,000+ characterized models and model templates for mechatronic, semiconductor, power electronics, in-vehicle networks, and a wide range of component types.