The duration of the training is 2 days.
The objective of this training is to give to beginner participants a good first hands-on experience on EMTP and an overview of the EMTP capabilities. The training is based on the usage of EMTP for demonstrating concepts and teaching through practical problem cases.
They could be users of the software but also people who would like to discover how useful simulation can be for them.
- Professionals from Power Transmission
- Distribution and Production companies
- Professional engineers
- Post-graduated students
- People interested in electromagnetic transient studies
- Presentation of EMTP General introduction Typical field of applications
- Introduction to the Graphical User Interface EMTPWorks
- Presentation of the User Interface
- How to create a simple circuit and run simulation?
- Introduction to MPLOT & Scopeview
- Sub-circuit creation and hierarchical designs
- Simulation options
- Load-Flow Aalysis
- Steady-state solution
- Time domain analysis
- Frequency scan - Practical exercises - Introduction to Protection Toolbox
- Introduction to EMTP models and applications
- Power electronics
- Lines and cables
- Rotating machines
- Relay models